Monday, February 27, 2012

Dear fam and friends!

This is my second week here at the MTC and its alot faster and better then last week! So far the spanish is going well and I have faith that i will learn it in 8 more weeks! The food here is killing me though... I have gained 4 pounds already, but that is because i dont get as much as i wamt. There is an Elder Tenney here who has gained 10 pounds! Its a bit insane here so far of just being in a single classroom for 12 hours everyday... its pretty nutso so far BUT i do know that it is not as bad as it copuld be. at least i am learning and growing and DOING something worthwhile! If i was home i would just be watching some TV if i wasnt at work... Well today will be the first day of going to the Provo temple which i am excited about! Its beautiful on the outside but i just cant wait to see inside of it...
OH i am missing the tip of my finger! :D just a little accident but my District leader made me go to the doctors... no clue why... Well... it was bleeding ALOT... so maybe thats why... i am fine though and it doesnt hurt and i didnt even need stitches at all. I dont even need a bandaid anymore!
The oldest district in our zone is actually a bunch of great guys that LOVE my room and everyone in it! So... we have some good chances of getting a fridge, and a HUGE leg up in the tie trade here! I have over 30 ties now, and most of them are really great! I got a couple that i wont trade like this AMAZING teal one, or this great one from my companion. And a couple that i brought up with me that i won't trade whatsoever! Oh did i mention how the top of our ceiling is COVERED IN STARS??????? Its pretty epic...
So our teacher loves us, hates hockey, and went to argentina on his mission. OH and he turns 22 next month... weird... Ya... only 2 moths younger than my teacher but he seems SO much older!
On wednesday we grew as a branch because there was a good, 15-20 minutes of laughter to where we even broke our teacher... it was pretty awful.
OH also, there is a HUGE undergropund mountain DEW and Dr Pepper trade here... like insane... I haven't gotten into it yet just because i am afraid... i need most of what i have and i could see me trading everything for 1 more DP... 2 years without DP... that will be tough...
So i am pretty excited about honduras, and i found out that the national flower is the Orchid! Also i cant wait to get there and see the stars...
Well time is up and i need to switch my laundry! Mom... SEND THIS FORWARD!
I love and miss you all and cant wait till you see me all grown up :D
Elder DeGriselles

No comments:

Post a Comment